There can never be too many delicious banana bread recipes in the world, right? Banana bread is a thing that has won our hearts and became the comforting, simple treat to bake anytime around the year. And because it’s called bread, it must be healthier (won’t listen to any arguments about this)! So don’t feel bad about enjoying a slice or two of this delicious cardamom banana bread as a dessert or even as breakfast. It’s sweet, moist and perfectly spiced with cardamom to make any cold autumn day a little better.
Cardamom Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 20 min.
- Cook Time: 60 min.
- Total Time: 1 h 20 min.
- Yield: 1 banana bread 1x
- 125 g butter, softened
- 210 g (about 2,5 dl) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 200 g (about 3,5 dl) all purpose flour
- 0.75–1 tbsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- about 2 ripe mashed bananas + 1 whole banana for topping
- 1,25 dl sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together for a couple of minutes. Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, ground cardamom, baking soda and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the butter and egg mixture. Combine the mashed banana and sour cream and add to the batter, then stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spoon or spatula. Split a banana in half lengthwise and place on top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for about 60-70 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Be careful that the cake doesn’t brown too much on top (I covered the pan with a piece of aluminum foil to cover the top for the last 10 minutes). Let the cake cool before eating.