Cardamom Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 20 min.
- Cook Time: 60 min.
- Total Time: 1 h 20 min.
- Yield: 1 banana bread 1x
- 125 g butter, softened
- 210 g (about 2,5 dl) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 200 g (about 3,5 dl) all purpose flour
- 0.75–1 tbsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- about 2 ripe mashed bananas + 1 whole banana for topping
- 1,25 dl sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together for a couple of minutes. Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, ground cardamom, baking soda and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the butter and egg mixture. Combine the mashed banana and sour cream and add to the batter, then stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spoon or spatula. Split a banana in half lengthwise and place on top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for about 60-70 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Be careful that the cake doesn’t brown too much on top (I covered the pan with a piece of aluminum foil to cover the top for the last 10 minutes). Let the cake cool before eating.