Lilac season is here! Yay!
I love using edible flowers in my food, they’re so pretty and they all have their own herb-like or even spicy taste. These pretty flower popsicles can be made with any favourite summer drink like soda, juice, or even the with the ingredients of your favourite cocktail (I found a similar recipe with gin tonic ingredients!). They’re super refreshing and edible flowers naturally make them look soo pretty! Because the lilac season is fully on I wanted to use these beauties but you can also choose for example cornflower, organic violets, marigolds or nasturtiums!Print
Lovely & refreshing edible flower popsicles!
- edible flowers, like lilac, cornflower, organic violets, marigolds, nasturtium
- fresh mint if needed
- your favourite summer drink, like soda, lemonade, juice (for adult version, you can also use alcohol and your favourite cocktail ingredients)
- popsicle molds
- Clean the edible flowers, remove the greens and make sure there’s nothing extra there (no one want’s to have any surprise bugs in their popsicles!).
- Add the flowers to your popsicle molds. If you want just some flowers for garnish, use only a few per mold. Some people don’t like eating a lot of flowers, but if you’re like me and you love them, you can use much more of them!
- Pour the drink of your choice into the molds. You can also use different drink versions for different molds. Add the popsicle sticks. Use the traditional wooden sticks or silver spoons like I did!
- Put to the freezer to set for at least 3-4 hours. Enjoy on a hot summer day!