I think I’ve told you several times, I’m not a breakfast person. However, when it’s about slow mornings, brunches and amazing morning treats, I’m all in! When the first peaches arrived in the stores I came up with a breakfast idea for summer mornings. A simple – but so pretty and purple – blueberry chia pudding, some delicious caramel and grilled peaches on top. Oh I love this combination (and look at those colours!). For healthier option, leave the caramel off and add a bit more honey to the chia pudding to make it sweeter!
Blueberry Chia Pudding with Caramel and Grilled Peaches
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: (Set overnight)
- Total Time: 54 minute
- Yield: 5-6 servings 1x
Blueberry chia pudding
- 200 g frozen blueberries
- 6 dl (2 1/2 cups) almond milk
- 7 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 10 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tin (about 390 g) caramelised condensed milk
- 5–6 peaches
- Pour the frozen blueberries to a sauce pan and cook until they are soft and start to bubble. Mash with a fork.
- Stir in the almond milk, honey and chia seeds until there are no lumps. Let it sit for 5 minutes and stir again. Spoon the chia-blueberry mixture into 5-6 clean glass jars or bowls, cover and refrigerate over night.
- Mix the caramelised condensed milk in a bowl until there are no lumps and it’s creamy. Spoon a thick layer of caramel on top of every chia pudding. (You can decide yourself how much of the caramel want, you can use just part of it to make a healthier option).
- Slice the peaches and remove the stones. If you have a grill available, grill the peach slices quickly on both sides in a very hot grill. (You can also use iron grill pan to get a similar result). Place on top of the chia puddings and enjoy!