My grandmother has always been a great baker and she’s had some classic recipes she’s used for decades and I don’t wonder why. One of those recipes is this cardamom bundt cake and as simple as it is, it tastes absolutely amazing! Furthermore the recipe is incredibly simple and quick to make. It takes 5 minutes to make the cake batter and all the ingredients are basic pantry staples. A delicious cake can’t get any simpler than this!Print
Grandmother’s Cardamom Bundt Cake
- Prep Time: 5 min.
- Cook Time: 45 min.
- Total Time: 50 min.
- Yield: 1 cake, about 20 servings 1x
- 6 dl (2 ½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 180 g (a bit over 2 dl) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ~ 8 g ground cardamom, about 2 tbsp
- 150 g butter melted
- 3 dl (1 ¼ cups) double cream
- (butter and bread crumbs or flours for the cake tin)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix flours, sugar, baking powder and cardamom in a bowl.
- Add melted butter and double cream and mix until combined.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake pan. Pour the cake mixture into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 40-45 minutes until the cake is just cooked. Don’t let it try, it should still be moist inside!
- (This cake stays delicious and moist for several days!)