There’s a dessert that belongs to my every summer. These crêpe like Finnish pancakes are something my grandmother used to do every single summer at the cottage, especially when I was still a little girl. Those were the best dinners when I knew there was a crêpe batter waiting in the kitchen. Always enjoyed with sugar and strawberry jam or fresh strawberries. So finally, I wrote this recipe down for myself and made these for my family some weeks ago. Oh wow, how good freshly made crêpes can taste!Print
Finnish Crêpes & Strawberries with Caramel
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: about 15 min.
- Total Time: 58 minute
- Yield: 8-9 big crêpes 1x
- 3 eggs
- 6 dl (2 ½ cups) milk
- 3 dl (1 ¼ cups) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- butter for frying
- 1 kg of fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- about 2 dl (1 cup) of caramelised condensed milk
- Beat the eggs in a big bowl. Add all the other ingredients and mix until combined. Set aside for 30-60 minutes.
- Prepare the strawberries. Cut the strawberries into smaller pieces. Add about half of the strawberries into a small sauce pan with the 2 tbs of sugar and bring to a boil. When the strawberries are soft, remove the compot from the heat and set aside.
- Add about 1 tbsp of butter on a sauce pan. Pour a little amount of the crêpe batter to the pan. Fry it on a medium heat until the pancake has got a nice golden colour on the other side. Turn and fry on the other side as well. Repeat as many times as there’s batter left. Remember to add more butter to the sauce pan after every crêpe.
- Enjoy the crêpes hot with caramelised condensed milk, fresh strawberries and quickly made strawberry compot!