Natural dyed and marbled blue eggs:
You will need:
• 3-4 cups of red cabbage, roughly chopped
• 2 tablespoons white vinegar
• 2 tablespoons salt
1. Place the roughly chopped red cabbage into a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Allow to cook for about 30 minutes. Strain and save the water.
2. Stir 2 tablespoons white vinegar and 2 tablespoons salt into the hot cabbage water, set aside to cool. Pour into tall glass jars or glasses.
3. (If you want just the blue colour, place the eggs in the cabbage water until you get the colour you want. For me it took about 20 minutes.) If you want the marbled effect, take a little plastic bag, place over your hand and rub a little pieces of butter on it. Scrunch the bag to get an uneven coating of butter on the bag. Just a small amount is enough.
4. Take 1 egg at a time and randomly touch the egg gently with the buttered plastic bag. The more butter the more white. If you want more blue, use less butter.
5. Gently place the egg into the cabbage water until the colour is dark enough and repeat with other eggs.
Easy and so pretty!