Spicy Blueberry Mousse Cake
- Author: Viola Minerva
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: In the fridge for 4-5 hours
- Total Time: 41 minute
- 200 g bastogne or speculoos bisquits (also gingerbead cookies work)
- 80 g butter melted
- 300 g blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 15 g powdered gelatine
- 450 g cream cheese
- 125 g powdered sugar (about 2 dl)
- 1.5 dl (150 ml = about 2/3 cup) heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- (if wanted, some edible flowers like lilacs)
- Crush the cookies in a food processor or blender into find crumbs. Add the melted butter and mix.
- Line a 20cm springform cake pan with a baking paper. Press the cookie mixture on the bottom. Transfer into the fridge until you’ve made the filling.
- Add the blueberries into a sauce pan with the sugar, lemon juice and powdered gelatine. Cook over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth. Leave to cool.
- Whisk the cream cheese and powdered sugar together in a big bowl. Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the cooled blueberry mixture and fold into the cream cheese mixture until combined. (If you want, you can also add some lilac flowers into the filling and decorate the top of the cake with it.)
- Pour on top of the cookie crust and transfer into the fridge for about 4-5 hours until the filling is set.