Delicious Nordic Archipelago Smörgåstårta
- Author: Viola Minerva
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 20 min.
- Total Time: 30 min.
- 400 g Finnish archipelago bread (nordic rye bread made with brown malts, rye flour and dark syrup)
- 100 g butter melted
- 500 g cottage cheese
- 1 dl (0.5 cup) crème fraîche
- 250 g feta cheese crumbled
- about 150 g black kalamata olives (stones removed)
- about 10–15 slices prosciutto (skip for vegetarian version)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 5–6 fresh figs
- fresh arugula
- Crumble the bread into small crumbs and mix with melted butter. Push the buttery bread crumbs into the bottom of a 24cm springform pan. Transfer to fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
- Mix the cottage cheese with crème fraîche in a bowl. Spoon the mixture on top of the bread layer.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese, black olives and prosciutto slices on top. Sprinkle the honey over the bread cake. Half the figs and place on top. Finish the bread cake with fresh arugula.