Apple & Cinnamon Cake
- Author: Viola Minerva
- Prep Time: 20 min.
- Cook Time: 60 min.
- Total Time: 1 h 20 min.
- Yield: 10–12 1x
- 250 g butter (soft, in room temperature)
- 3 dl (250 g, about 1 ¼ cups) granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tsp vanilla sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 6 dl (390 g, about 2 ½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 big apples (I used 4–5 small ones from my own garden)
- 2–3 small apples or 1 big one
- vanilla sauca or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Grease a springform pan (both the edges and the bottom).
- Beat the soft butter, sugars and salt until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking for 30-60 seconds in between to make the batter extra fluffy.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, cardamom and baking powder in a separate bowl and add to the batter. Mix until combined. Slice the apples (for the dough) into small cubes and mix to the batter.
- Slice the small apples (for decorating) into thin slices. Place on the bottom of the pan in the shape you want them to be (this will be the top of the cake).
- Pour the batter on top of the apple slices. Bake in the oven for about 60 minutes until the a cake tester comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan.
- Serve the cake with vanilla sauce or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!