Have I already said that bundt cakes are my favourites? This delicious lime bundt with a dreamy lime cream cheese glaze is perfectly summery for both this upcoming Easter and for any spring or summer moments. It’s fresh and moist and the potato flour gives it a perfect texture. The final touch is the slightly green glaze making the cake the queen of any dinner table.
I made this cake also for my Easter table and for the fancier outlook, I garnished it with beautiful flowers and bee-wax candles. Even though we can’t enjoy Easter as we’ve used to, I want to make the most of every moment and cook delicious food for my family. It won’t be our traditional Easter, but I’m sure it will be beautiful and memorable!Print
Moist Lime Bundt Cake with a Lime Cream Cheese Glaze
(I made a big batch of batter to fill this big cake tin, so if you want to make a smaller cake, half all the ingredients. Remember to also check what’s the perfect baking time – it won’t be halved but it should be shorter than for the big cake.)
- Prep Time: 25 min.
- Cook Time: 50 min.
- Total Time: 1 h 15 min.
- Yield: 1 big cake 1x
- 400 g butter
- 400 g (4,75 dl) granulated sugar
- 200 g (3 dl) potato flour
- 6 eggs
- zest and juice of 4 limes
- 3 tsp vanilla sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 200 g (3 dl) all-purpose flour
- 200 g cream cheese
- 240 g (4 dl) powdered sugar
- 4–5 tbsp milk
- juice of 1 lime
- (a drop of green food coloring if wanted, you can use natural or normal food colouring)
For garnish (optional):
- lime zest and slices
- mint leaves
- OR flowers for the party version!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake tin.
- Whisk butter and sugar in a big bowl until fluffy and light (with a hand mixer). Mix in the potato flour.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, continuously whisking. Add also the zest and juice of the limes and the vanilla sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix all-purpose flour and baking powder together and add to the cake batter and fold through. Don’t whisk anymore.
- Pour the cake batter to the greased and floured cake tin and bake in the oven for 45-55 min. until a cake tester comes out clean. (Bundt cake should be cooked through, but still be careful not to let it dry too much.) Remember that baking time always depends on your cake tin shape and size!
- Leave the cake to cool.
- When the cake is cooled, in a small bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Mix in the powdered sugar in 3-4 turns, continuously whisking. Add milk 1 tbsp at a time. (You might not need all the milk to make the icing liquid enough.) Season with the lime juice and mix. If you want the icing to have slightly green colour, add a little drop of green food colouring. (I used natural one made with spinach, but the basic store bought works as well!)
- Pour the icing on top of the cake and leave to set for a while.
- If you want, garnish the cake with sliced lime, lime zest and mint leaves. For summer party version, use flowers!