I think I’ve just found my ultimate favourite summer salad ever. I’m not even kidding. I’ve always loved the combination of goat cheese and zucchini, but in this dish it is next level. Grilled zucchini, soft and seasoned goat cheese, sour lemon juice, crispy pistachios and fresh mint make the perfect salad that I could enjoy as a lunch or as a side on the dinner table every single day during summer. Especially when I soon hopefully get zucchini from my own garden again. If you like zucchini and goat cheese, you’re going to L O V E this.Print
My best Grilled Zucchini & Goat Cheese Salad
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 10 min.
- Total Time: 20 min.
- Yield: 3-4 servings (as a side) 1x
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g chèvre (soft / cream cheese like goat cheese)
- black pepper
- 1 big garlic clove
- 2–3 tbsp pistachios
- small bunch of fresh mint
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Slice the zucchinis into thin and long slices (with peeling knife or cheese slicer). Sprinkle the olive oil on top. Grill the zucchini slices on a hot grill quickly, so they get a nice colour but won’t get too soft.
- Make the goat cheese sauce: mix chèvre, a pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper and 1 crushed garlic clove in a bowl.
- Plate the salad. Put the grilled zucchini slices on the bottom. Spoon chèvre sauce over.
- Chop the pistachios roughly and sprinkle on top of the salad. Also chop most of the fresh mint (leave some of the leaves whole) and add on top.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on top of the salad and enjoy!