Moist rhubarb orange cake
Simple, easy, delicious and super summery rhubarb orange cake which is perfect to any summer parties or just to your family dinner! You can’t eat just one piece of this moist rhubarb cake!
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 1 h 10 min
- 200 g butter
- 5 dl sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 vanilla bean
- zest of 1 orange (fine grated)
- 10 dl flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tap baking powder
- 2.5 dl sour cream
- 4–5 stems of rhubarb
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Whisk the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Add one egg at a time and whisk to combine. Scrape the seeds from vanilla bean and add to the butter mixture with the grated orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add the flour mixture and sour cream to the butter mixture by turns, mixing continuously.
- Clean/peel the stems of rhubarb and dice into small cubes. Add to the batter and mix to combine.
- Grease and flour a cake tin (ø24cm). Pour the batter into the tin and bake the cake in the oven for about 45 minutes. Don’t leave the cake raw, but just a bit under so it stays moist and a bit sticky in the middle. (Remember to test the cake with a thin wooden stick, different ovens can have very different cooking times.) Enjoy!
- If you want you can decorate the cake with small pieces of rhubarb before baking the cake and finish the baked cake with powdered sugar icing!
Notice that doubling/halving the recipe affects also to the baking time!