I’m usually a healthy breakfast kind of girl, but during these strange times I’ve noticed that I’m craving for something more comforting. Also, I hate throwing food away and I want to use all the leftovers for something new. And that’s how this recipe was created. It was inspired by some old granola I had in my kitchen. It wasn’t bad but just pretty tasteless and I didn’t want to add it on top of my morning yoghurt anymore. So I baked some breakfast muffins with it! These muffins aren’t too sweet, but to add something more, I topped them with caramel (I had that readymade in my kitchen too). But you don’t need caramel to make these, you can finish them with powdered sugar and cream cheese icing or even with jam! Whatever you already have in your kitchen!Print
Leftover Granola Caramel Muffins for Breakfast!
This recipe is vegan!
- Prep Time: 8
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 28
- Yield: 16 muffins 1x
- 4 dl (260 g) all-purpose flour
- 2.5 dl (about 170 g) demerera sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 dl (about 100 g) leftover granola
- 1 dl coconut oil (or melted butter)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.5 dl (1 1/2 cups) buttermilk
- readymade caramel or caramelised condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a muffin pan with paperi baking cups.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and granola.
- Then add coconut oil, vanilla extract and buttermilk and stir to combine. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them nearly full.
- Bake the muffins for about 18-25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Spoon some caramel on top of the muffins and enjoy as a dessert or dreamy breakfast!