Delicious Almond Praline Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min.
- Cook Time: 60 min.
- Total Time: 1 h 20 min.
- Yield: 1 big bundt cake 1x
- 400 g butter (room temperature)
- 3 dl (about 1.25 cups) sugar
- 3 dl (about 1.25 cups) demerara sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 dl (about 2.5 cups) almond flour
- 3 dl (about 1.25 cups) potato flour / potato starch
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 2.25 dl (about 1 cup) caster sugar
- 4 tbsp cold water
- about 1 dl (0.5 cup) almond flakes
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Butter and flour a big bundt cake pan.
- Whisk soft butter and both sugars together until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, continuously whisking.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond flour, potato starch and baking powder together. Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture carefully with a spoon or spatula. Don’t whisk.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake tin and bake until cooked through, for about 55-60 minutes. (Start checking after 45 minutes.)
- While the cake is in the oven, make the almond praline. Line a baking tray with a baking paper. Place the sugar and cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to high and bring the mixture to the boil. Boil without stirring for 5-6 minutes until the sugar mixture turns golden. Take off the heat and set aside for 1 minute. Add the almond flakes and mix. Pour the praline onto the prepared baking tray. Allow to cool until crispy.
- Let the cake cool after baking and then place on the serving plate. Break the praline into smaller pieces. Stick different sized praline pieces into the baked cake (you can be creative with this!). Enjoy!