Strawberry rhubarb pie
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 40 min.
- Yield: 1 pie
• 100 g butter
• 200 g digestive biscuits
• about 3-4 dl rhubarb cut into cubes
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 250-300 g strawberries
• 1 tin of condensed milk (about 395g)
• 1 dl of lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Start with the filling. Add sugar and rhubarb cubes into a bowl, mix and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Make the crust. Melt the butter. Crush the biscuits in a bowl and add the melted butter. Press onto the bottom and sides of a greased pie pan. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Heat the sugar and rhubarb mixture in a small saucepan at medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is soft.
- In a separate bowl, mix together condensed milk and lemon juice. Spread the soft rhubarb onto the baked crust. Pour over the condensed milk mixture. Slice the strawberries and arrange on top of the pie the way you want. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. (For a faster result – when the guests are already arriving – I kept it in the freezer for a moment).
- Decorate pie with fresh and wild strawberries!