There can never be too many granola recipes in this world, right? I could eat granola every single day, but trying to avoid extra white sugar in my daily diet, many yummy store bought granolas unfortunately contain a lot of things I don’t want to start my day with. But luckily making granola is sooo easy. It’s also something you can vary a lot based on what you have in your kitchen (remember to add any dried berries just after roasting the granola in the oven).
I created this granola last weekend at the cottage. I wanted to have a lot of roasted coconut and different kind of nuts in it. And what I love about granolas the most – big crunchy chunks! So, guess what, this has a lot of them! The secrets for granola with big chunks are sticky honey and letting the granola cool before mixing.
I enjoyed my granola this weekend in a big bowl of yoghurt, almond butter, some extra honey and crispy apple slices. So good!Print
Crunchy Coconut Granola
- Prep Time: 5 min.
- Cook Time: 25 min.
- Total Time: 40 min.
- 2 dl (about 0.85 cup) oatmeal
- 1 dl (about 0.5 cup) crushed almonds (with skin)
- 1 dl (about 0.5 cup) crushed hazelnuts (with skin)
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp mild olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 dl (about 0.5 cup) roasted coconut chips
- 1 dl (about 0.5 cup) raisins
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Mix the oatmeal, crushed almonds and hazelnuts, salt, olive oil, cardamom and honey in a bowl. The mixture should be sticky. (If needed, add a bit more honey.)
- Spread the granola mix on a baking paper on a baking tray, place in the lower rack of the oven and roast for about 25 minutes. Start checking around 20 minutes. The granola should be golden brown, but be careful not to burn it.
- Let the granola cool before mixing. Mix carefully with hands or with a spoon, but leave some nice big pieces in there! Then mix in the roasted coconut chips and raisins.
- Enjoy the granola with yoghurts, porridge, smoothie, or whatever you want!